Header

Monday, March 09, 2009

:: Credits ::

"I've stopped taking photographs of nature, as if to give myself credit for taking them. It's not as if my skills are good enough, but that precisely doesn't do justice to the Almighty God who created that original artwork. To just gasp in awe and wonder at the beautiful sight gives God glory for two things, one is the magnificent beauty of nature, the other is His gift of sight to us." - djgemz

My dad gave me a lift on his motorbike yesterday evening and I saw the whole sky stretched limitlessly with some orange clouds on the way from Potong Pasir to Serangoon. I think Serangoon simply has the best sunset view in Singapore. Yes, sunset! East Coast Park is crap. By the time the sun almost reaches the horizon there's always a thick layer of dark cloud covering it.

I started wishing I had brought my camera and that I could just stop at the flyover to take photos.... but I think of how lousy the photos would turn out and I think of past experiences where I've been too caught up trying to catch a beautiful photo I missed the moment of enjoying it.

I give up. Just admire. That's the best thing you can do to thank God for His creation.

No comments: