Header

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

:: Trends for this half of the year ::

Many of my friends got engaged this year: Jeremy, Tricia, Uncle John, Evelyn, Irene, Hiong Yee, Brenda, Hao, ... and some getting married this 2nd half of 2010, some 1st half of 2011.

Some of my friends got attached... :)

2 couples i know broke up...

I am struggling because I happened to come across a horoscope at the beginning of this year, saying those born in the year of the tiger will experience a cheating in the relationship at the 2nd half of the year. As much as I don't believe in horoscopes, such "predictions" simply stay in the minds of people and keep haunting until something happens and we will link it to what was "predicted". I'm definitely praying it won't happen to me, and that God will protect our relationship. *faith wavers*

2 comments:

PrinCess PraiSie said...

Our lives are not destined by the astrology / stars. The statistics of horoscope is just ridiculous, do you know how many people are born in the year of the Tiger, how many are Geminis etc. How can astrology predict the lives of these few million unique people living unique lives to run in the same pattern?

Don't think too much. Pay attention only to yourself and what you can control and leave the plan to God.

David Llamoso Talaguit said...

Unfortunately, Astrology is not the only thing that is putting their own spin on our 'futures' - there's also the economy, other people, our work, etc. etc. But thanks be to God because He has the final say on our 'futures'. Hope you find comfort in His Word as I did.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. Plans for wholeness, and not for evil, to give a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me, and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart, and I will be found by you, declares the Lord (Jeremiah 29:11-14 ESV).