Header

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

:: troubled ::

i just went out for a walk during my lunch break, and came back feeling quite troubled. haha..

went to Spottiswoode... there were benches in front of a playground, but i didn't stop there, because there were grasscutters trimming the grass there. it was quite noisy as well as dangerous to be near them.

so i walked on... saw a few women smoking. they look like prostitutes who frequent the pubs & bars around my workplace.

and i walked on.. trying to find somewhere to rest. then i saw an old woman who kept staring at me. i stared back, wondering what she's thinking abt. something in my mind told me to go over and sit beside her and say hi. but i walked past thru another path, under a HDB block. sat down for a while near a basketball court. felt rather peaceful, enough to fall asleep. but i was concerned abt the ants around me. so i got up, deciding that i would go over to the old woman and say hi.

she had got up to find somewhere else to go, so i walked past her, half smiling to her. i went to near where she had sat and near the prostitutes. the old woman looked like she was looking for something under a block. i saw a cat on the path i came from (u can imagine me walking back and forth the same path) and went to play with it. it was kinda scared of me so i didn't get to play with it. i just kept looking at it until i realise the old woman was looking at me. she had found another spot to sit. so i nodded to her as a greeting. she seemed happy and tried to tell me something, so i walked nearer to her.

she started talking to me in Hokkien. honestly the whole conversation i probably understood only 10%! and she kept touching my arm to get my attention whenever i look away. =x halfway through i suddenly wondered whether this was a dream or not. i believe God is in control la huh. she was trying to tell me abt her zha bor kia, ta bor kia, ang, etc... i think her daughter lives on the 11th floor of the block and she has the keys to the 3-room flat but doesn't want to go in. and she told me abt taking taxi and taking bus. she doesn't know how to take the Choa Chu Kang LRT.. while talking she also grabbed my upper arm and asked me why it's so cold, is it because i bathe in cold water. she asked do i live in blk 106, i struggled to explain in Hokkien that i work in an office. she even started to dust my tshirt... felt a bit awkward. that's abt all i understand. then when she mentioned "gao deng" (church) and "bai xin" (pray to idol) i told her i "xin ya so" (believe in Jesus). dunno what she was trying to say, like telling me it's not good. =x

then she asked me whether i eat already, i said not yet, and she urged me to go and eat. so i went back to office, feeling like i was Alice in Wonderland. haha..

another disturbing thing was, i saw a trail of blood around my workplace. okay, if u dunno where i work, it's one of the shophouses facing the road. there got LOTS of pubs and it's not very safe to stay late at work. i followed the blood trail from one end of the row of shophouses to the other. quite scary.. as if someone was running for his life. it wasn't a lot of blood, but it made me wonder what happened last night. was there a fight?

hmmm... i kinda wish some nice guy out there would read my blog and decide that my workplace is too dangerous for me to go home alone... hee...

No comments: