Header

Friday, January 25, 2008

:: CNY is coming! ::

15 Jan Tue
Supposed to have PRC meeting after work, but it was postponed, or rather, cancelled. my dad then called to ask me to go to Beach Rd for dinner. had claypot rice. i never liked claypot rice. so tough to chew and smells burnt. i dun like burnt offerings. i dun like toast either.

16 Jan Wed
Had a meeting with Raffles clients.. learnt a lot through the meeting, regarding eDM (e-direct mailers), you know, the kinda thing you receive in your email when you enter your email add in the If you wish to receive latest offers and updates box.

felt more drawn towards.. advertising design rather than web. hmm.. in the wrong company? think so. started to surf the net for eDM designs for inspiration, ended up surfing for local design firms. hmm.. after i get my bonus, and then see how. i think my butt has been stuck in my seat for too long. felt as if there weren't any other design companies around (until i started to surf the web in that direction) also starting to feel frustrated abt my job (my colleagues, some current projects, my boss, employee benefits etc)

anyway. after the meeting it was lunch time. went to Raffles City Shopping basement, hoping to find some good food. bumped into kwek, who was reluctantly going for lunch with some friends. (oops!) i ended up buying Chippy's British Takeaway deep fried chicken cutlet in Cheesy curry.. yummm.. also bought Strawberry & Cream frappe from Gloria Jean's. i needed coffee actually, but couldn't resist the name of Strawberry & Cream.

after work i went to Chinatown Point to shop. bought 3 bottoms. China brand, but looks ok leh. the last time i bought made-in-china bottoms the buttons (ornaments) all started to drop out one by one. trying to refrain myself from wearing them before CNY!!

17 Jan Thur
went to watch I Am Legend after work. $6 at Cathay!! haha very scary wor.. i was hiding behind my jacket most of the time.

18 Jan Fri
Bought a Panasonic tripod stand for my camera for $36 and went around Chinatown taking photos.


Chinatown Point


Yay! Singapore is going somewhere in advertising!! This is projection media. COOL~


What other festive season can you find a long queue for BBQ PORK!


Can you tell that he's really still? (Hint: Everyone else is moving!)


Hmm Mickey Mouse & Friends for Chinese New Year. Brought to you by Hong Kong Disneyland maybe. (taken with use of tripod stand)


How can a CNY photoshoot go without taking the busy streets of Chinatown? Not so many people yet. At least there's still walking space now.





19 Jan Sat
woke up earlier than last week for my eTrial. but still late. haha.. took bus, and it took me an hour to get to CDC. really. i booked 2 hours session but could only take one. next time i will not book early morning sessions. i am so not a morning person, especially now at night i try to catch an episode of Heroes. hee.. i'm at episode 19 of Season 1 now.

Had brunch with my mom at Hougang and then went home to rest for a while before going for cell grp.

We had dinner at Adam Rd food centre and then went to Ben's house to watch Little Miss Sunshine.

20 Jan Sun
Combined service. had breakfast with parents at coffeeshop. cell grp went to AV for lunch. AV... makes u think of AVocado.

went to play with Servio hehe.. he was showing us his toys lor.. so cute. i like watching kids respond to questions, find it marvellous. watched The Rabbit-proof Fence. interesting..

had dinner with my parents at Kovan Kobayashi. then went to The Next Phaze to watch some people perform. one of the guys look like one of my poly friends. cute. ;)

24 Jan Thur
this whole week very uneventful. haha.. Other than visiting Chinatown with my parents and buying toiletries on Tue.. nothing much.

after work i went to Kadaloor (bet u dunno where it is!) to do waxing. hhaahaha.. honestly i can't stand my leg hair since i was young lor.. finally PLUCKED up the courage to go for waxing. :P the ..beautician has a lot of certificates hung on the wall, helping me feel that i can trust her to do a good job. boy, it was definitely painful and took more than an hour! after that my skin had red patches, but by now it's ok already. i dun feel hairless or naked (i felt that when i shaved the first time). cuz there's still fine hairs and i'm FINE with them there.

i also tried a self-heating face mask by Garnier that was on offer in Watson's. very fun, really feels warm, until i entered my parent's aircon room to use their bathroom. lol. i think it works, as a deep cleanser. seems to have removed my blackheads.

Gosh i am becoming so vain.

25 Jan Fri
everyday i get pissed by my colleagues over silly mistakes. haiz. So blur and careless! got the cheek to ask my client to let him know if he missed any important detail, after i told him to CHECK through. and another thing, my client told him to download some pics, and he didn't even bother to ask what they are for!!! he didn't even tell me about them, that my client had told him to download (i was supposed to use them). argh!! i really need to cool down..

No comments: