Header

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

:: April Fool's Day ::

7 years ago I organised an April Fool's party for my Sec 1 class.. It was at my house back in Clementi, and I had water bombs prepared and some Trick Blood (u remember those packets of funny stuff like a fake finger with a nail "pierced" through it?). Lemme try to recall who turned up: Weiting, Shermaine, Shuping, Sebastian, Yong Teck... =)

Then we went over to Ginza Plaza in the evening for dinner at Mac's. I played an April Fool's prank on a stranger.. I went up to some malay boy and asked him why he took my money.

After that we went to play in the arcade. We were playing Daytona when that malay boy came in and disturbed me while i was playing.. After that game i realised my wallet, placed in front of me, was gone! I kept cursing that boy. When I went home, I told my dad.. he asked me what i had in my wallet, i told him got Cashcard, ATM cards, phonecard, bus pass, and 10¢. When he heard me say "cashcard", he got so angry he slapped me!!!

Anyway after a while I got a call from the information counter in Ginza Plaza, they told me that my wallet was found. Great!

The money, cashcard etc were gone but my ATM cards and bus pass were intact.

That was really an awful April Fool's Day. I've had a phobia of celebrating it since then.

I still dun understand why my dad reacted so strongly regarding the loss of my cash card.. as if there were a lot of money in it. i think at most there was $5? To date he must have lost more than 50 cashcards already lah! Always leave it in his motorbike's IU and never check... i stopped carrying cashcards since i graduated from poly - i had to use it for library services. They are sooo hardly used.


Today I got a call from a foreign lady - at first I thought it was a client that my indian colleague couldn't handle. Then this lady asked me what bus she could take from her place in Tanjong Rhu to Tanglin Mall. I can't really understand her through her weird accent - can't tell where she was from. So i told her to check out www.transitlink.com. haha..

Happy April Fool's Day!

No comments: