Header

Monday, September 15, 2008

:: fast week ::

The week that I came back passed pretty fast. Been planning the lesson on design for my colleagues, had to do some research and lots of reading!!!! Most of the info I had in my notes from poly, but they're not with me! Sometimes i wish i could just go home (back in singapore) and take some of the things i should have brought. Do you know i still keep my pri sch, sec sch textbooks and ten-year series? They would be so useful here!!

Went sauna with Fon on Tues... :D We even walked halfway home from church (we gave up the 2nd half and took a tuk-tuk) well, partly because of the time. We wanted more time to sauna, and then watch the movie we rented - Hairspray! So after we got home we met downstairs again to use the sauna room. We realise i was supposed to ask the staff to switch on the mains in order for it to work. It was too hot for me, especially for my face, i turn red very easily, and it felt really painful. So i had to get in and out very frequently and we finished after 20 min.

Went up to shower and then i realise i had washed all my underwear (because of the trip) and that it had been raining and couldn't get dry so i panicked. Later i realise, thank God, that i did not bring one to the trip so that was my very last one. Haiz.

My colleague and apartment-mate Gail's keyboard had arrived and she was trying to assemble it. So Fon and i helped. Then we went to Fon's place to watch Hairspray. It was kind of disappointing, not the kind of comedy she'd understand. She was so tired (due to the walk home and the sauna and also the early morning devotion at 7am) that she fell asleep and only her sister and I watched the movie. Haha.. I kind of insisted on an English movie with original soundtrack, if not she has to translate for me throughout the movie because they surely won't have subtitles.

Then her sister walked me home (12am)!

Wednesday went past quickly also. Went to Ramkhamhaeng University (a student from this uni was killed in the protests) with Rev Yee, Laphorn, Jaeng, and Chart, (back to church for 15 min of badminton) and then Shalem House. I was totally lost in the university - they were having cell group and ...i shld have asked Rev Yee to translate for me. I was going to join their icebreakers too, but it turns out to be a Thai language game.

At Shalem House I was late, and there were only 2 children. They were doing maths and i really dunno how to teach them maths, so i asked P'Jarin whether they learn English in school and need help or not. And yay! I got to teach English! After lesson I walked home with the 2 girls and they tried to start a conversation in Thai with me. I barely understood, but roughly something like how long am i gonna stay in Thailand, where do i stay etc. So cute haha..

Thurs yeah had a bad day. Raining, no taxi, forgot to bring my water bottle, walked all the way to church, ended up late. I was waiting for an email reply the whole week and the wait made me frustrated. I conclude there isn't gonna be a reply huh. Went to Chulalongkorn Hospital at 2pm with P'Jarin and P'Gae. Met a family whose son was hospitalised. I watched the mother as she was talking to us, and once in a while she would bend down to kiss him. I was touched by her loving act. He was just lying there motionless (alive la), very skinny, reacting to us once in a while, closing his eyes and about to go to sleep. I don't really understand what his condition was, just something like there was water in his brain. Visited a few other families, waited while P'Jarin and P'Gae talked to them... then took taxi back to office because it was pouring heavily.

Went to Suan Lum night bazaar after badminton after work. I walked all the way there. It was raining :( and my shoes were soaked. Wanted to buy slippers there, but couldn't find nice and cheap ones. Suan Lum is really quite a failure. Closing down soon! Dinner was bad as well, expensive and... cooked without effort. Yeah glad to meet my poly friends here in Bangkok. I'm sorry that i wasn't such a good guide. Took taxi home and, hmmph, this pissed me off also. The meter on the taxi showed 39 when we stopped, so i paid the driver 40 and was waiting for my change, then he stared at me, and pointed at the meter. NOW it showed 41, so he demanded 41 baht! And then he acted as if he were the gracious one and said "mai pen rai." ARGH!!!

Fri went to MBK after work. Did my own shopping while waiting for reply from my friends about where to meet. Found a beauty parlour where i could do waxing for less than in Singapore. At least it's cheaper. Then Yvonne called and said she didn't see my msg and missed call till they left MBK. Anyway they came back and we had dinner in MK. Ate for about 2 hours. haha... I realise Ming Zheng is a very funny and crappy guy. haha.. And Algernon also... i did my FYPJ with him and it was quite a bad experience (i mean the project) so i didn't get to know him well that time.

Oh thank God for helping me on my way home, i didn't have much money with me so i was praying hard that the taxi fare would be under 53, if not i might get down to walk home. Turns out it was just 50.

Sat went to children's church with Gail. Today we taught English. Played an English Bingo game. I was trying to think of other ways to play and teach after 3 rounds of Bingo. Then Gail came back to the group with 2 storybooks. That really engaged the children, although I'm not sure if one of them was trying to be funny, imitating Gail's English accent. We had lunch - ow, very spicy - and debriefing. Then I went up to the office, I forgot I had keys to the ACT office already, but argh, my comp kena virus, not enough ram, very slow!! Was trying to print out notes for the English lesson at 2pm. Only 3 students today. The rest.. 1 was hospitalised with appendicitis, 2 had lots of homework to catch up, and the rest come only as and when they like. it was a fruitful time of teaching la. =)

Fon and I went to Platinum for shopping after that. =D bought a top, a formal jacket for the conference, a dress, a pair of heels, and had ice cream at KFC upstairs. I finally finished exploring Platinum mall!! =D Fon had to go so i walked around on my own while waiting for reply from my poly friends. Met them downstairs and we went to Big C for dinner. Ordered a takeaway pizza from The Pizza Company, then we went to the next door jap restaurant. We did that because we wanted to try all the restaurants there. haha.. Wanted to go Chester's next but we were too full already. Shopped inside Big C. The guys bought toy rifles. LOL.

Walked a bit down the Pratunam street stalls but i realise they were walking towards their hotel, so we bade goodbye and i walked to the BTS station. I bought a pair of shoes similar to my canvas school shoes - the display said, Sale 80, but the lady gave me 30 baht change from a 100 baht! I looked at her curiously because of the extra change and she told me she charge me 70 instead. Wow, auto-discount! I saw a similar design at 99baht in Korat so i thought 80 is a good price already. Bought 2 belts also. I was kinda lost abt the direction of the BTS, almost went to Chid Lom station then i had to U-turn to Siam station. And Sala Daeng was supposed to be 2 stops away.... i was so stoned that i missed my stop! I only realise the train was already at Sala Daeng when the door-closing beep came on! Took the BTS to one more stop, Chong Nonsi, then i took the other direction, back to Sala Daeng. It was late already, about 11pm. Reached home about 11.30pm. Feel a bit bad for going home so late...... i wasn't supposed to stay out late. (but ermm.. my friends are here for holiday!!)

Sun went to English service with Guorong at 10am. My first time! haha.. I'd probably catch only 60% because of the heavy English accent and the trailing off of the voice for each sentence. Took Holy Communion. Lunch at Silom Complex Chester's Grill (to finish the mission of last night) and then shopping at Central World. Although my new heels are pretty comfortable, they r not meant for long hours of walking. So i complained quite a bit. Went to B2S but didn't buy anything. Took many photos cuz Central World is really fun. :D Early dinner at 4pm (just wanted somewhere to sit actually)! At Sushi Tei. quite cheap ba. Walked to Siam Square and then MBK, to get sim card for Franza before meeting her. Then she called to say she would join us at MBK. Sooo tired!! Went around getting things she would need, and then took taxi to her place. Nice!! Photos soon! Left at about 10.30pm. Oh, missed the weekend drama! It's known to Euw, Fon and me as "my lor" because when we were in Ban Chang we started watching the drama and as they were surfing channels I said "i want the lor" (lor means handsome) =D

yeah so this week has been rushed and fast. Today's a good day to rest. Praise God for the wonderful weather, i can collect my clothes from the balcony soon. =)

No comments: