Header

Monday, September 22, 2008

:: the in-betweens ::

While I also update my other blog, this blog fills in the in-betweens.

Last wed I still went to Ramkhamhaeng Uni, with Laphorn, Jaeng and Chat (it's pronounced as Chart actually). Chat drove us in the church van. First time i went, it was by bus and it got into a really heavy traffic jam, took us abt 2 hours to get there, but by van it just took half an hour. So we had time to go shopping. =D

Ramkhamhaeng area is a really nice local neighbourhood, with cheap nice things to shop, but unfortunately getting here is very difficult. You can only get here through the 'local' means - bus. Okay anyway. At cell group we played the memory game for icebreakers, IN THAI. I dun even know what I was repeating! LOL.

Gae had to translate for me when Jeff shared. He knows English too, and even spoke in an accent! but for the sake of everyone else, he shared in Thai and Gae translated. Went back to church, but we encountered a VERY BAD jam in Sathorn Road. So i decided when the clock strikes 6 i would get down and walk to Shalem House. We were stuck at the Suan Phlu junction for a good 15 minutes!

Taught Dukdik and Fern English, with Minta sitting in. Boy, she was really naughty, kept disturbing the lesson. P'Jarin had some problems with her mom and she was on the phone with her. When i knocked the door to let her know i was leaving, she was crying and still on the phone.. i felt helpless... =(

Walked back to church to meet Franza for dinner. Had steak! At just 55 baht! ($2+) Yummy..... Anyone wants? =)

Then went to her place again to chill out.

Thur
Gave the church staff a crash course on design and communication. Fon could not be around so thankfully there was Angie who helped to translate. But as the lesson went on i became more and more pissed off. It was partly because the staff here simply don't switch their handphones to silent mode, kept walking away while i was talking, and seemed to be in a rush to finish the lesson. Partly because i felt that someone in our midst had a strong sense of pride.

After the lesson there was some time, so some of us went downstairs for badminton. Same thing pissed me off. I had to walk outside and cool myself down. jai-yen-yen, jai-yen-yen!! This person is impossible, man! Why is there such a person?!!! She even gave me a photo of herself in a sexy pose and behind it wrote her height, weight, age, contact info etc. SICK! 45kg at age 17? I think it's more than double by now!

But i know Jesus loves her, and that she must have been a very insecure person. haiz. Pray for her.

Then at 5.40pm the same gang, Laphorn, Jaeng, Chat and I went to visit P'Gae. I learnt that they have visitations to church members' homes weekly. I also learnt that Chat owned/rented this house before (some of the glow-in-the-dark stars he pasted on the wall were still there).

We had a time of icebreakers, worship, sharing and prayer. It was very good. =) Chat went for an Alpha course at someone's place at Fraser Suite Sathorn (wow!!!! 200,000baht per month!). Then we had dinner. Mmmmm I love fish! and sambal kangkong!! Chatted till abt 8pm, then Jaeng and I left. I asked Jaeng whether i could visit her place. Actually she lives in Ramkhamhaeng area, but for convenience she moved to Suan Phlu.

I felt that the people here move house a lot, so their belongings are mostly inexpensive and simple. They don't collect as much junk as I do. And they're not really into designer style. I think when i go back i want to re-evaluate my junk and revamp my room! I like the idea of living alone. The peace and the quiet... ahhh~

Jaeng's place is pretty nice, as compact as my sister's apartment. Not new though. I dun mind such a place, except that I would need a kitchen area, a fridge and a washing machine.. She wanted to learn English, so we started from her English-Thai bible. I find it's a good idea.

Then she walked me out to the main road where i took the tuk-tuk to Tops at Nanglinchee Road. Shopped for groceries and walked home. On the way I heard the thunder rumble, and soon it started raining. It got heavier and heavier i just decided not to avoid puddles anymore and just let my shoes get soaked.

Fri
Supposed to be teaching the church staff how to use Photoshop after lunch, but my students went out to donate blood. A bit peeved but not to the point of getting angry, because i have other things to do as well. Chat and Kae installed the 1gb ram into my computer now, but my hard disk space is running out. It was a 40gb hard disk, but only half was used and the other half was unpartitioned. So we decided to reformat the computer. That took the whole afternoon.

Then Fon and I went back together. I cooked instant noodles while watching the drama. Oh! Wia!! =D

Gail was flying back to the UK that night, so she had a few friends who popped by to say goodbye, it was like a party.

Sat
Children's church. Helped prepare the vegetables for lunch, but I don't even know what it's called. LOL. I am a veggie idiot.

English tuition. Fon couldn't help to translate, so I had to take more time to explain the idea as I was trying to teach the youths an icebreaker. Golf wanted the lesson to end earlier so he could go play badminton, but the rest of the students started getting interested in the icebreakers we played 3 more rounds. =)

After that I tried to install Microsoft Office on my computer, and anti-virus programme. Then I went to meet Franza. We took the BTS to Siam and we did manicure and pedicure in Siam Square! =D A bit disappointing though.

Shopped in Watson's as there's good promotions. Then we bought some snacks from some roadside stalls and took cab back to my place. Cooked instant noodles. Too much!! =x Ate until very full. Haha.. Watched my fav drama and then showered and went to Franza's place to stay over.

Sun
Had indigestion so I had lots of weird dreams. =x

Walked to church for the English service. I miss the Thai service....

Went back to Franza's place to put down our bibles and the heavy stuffs and went to Sala Daeng where we took the BTS to Chatuchak. =)

Shopped until we dropped. Wanted to go to a Standard Chartered atm in Sala Daeng to withdraw money because I had spent all that I set aside for my expenditure, but it was closed. ...

Similarly we bought some roadside stall snacks and went back to her place to eat with cup noodles. Actually I don't really fancy Mama instant noodles. I still love my Indomie Goreng... =D Watched a movie (Freedom Writers) on HBO instead, so i missed my drama.

Took cab home. Although her place is nice, there are things which i need to use at home so I'm not very used to her place.

Mon
Off day! Dried my clothes and as usual i skipped the gym =( By 12pm my clothes were dry, so I went out.

Took cab to Chong Nonsi where there's a Standard Chartered bank. Very disappointed though. I couldn't withdraw money from my own bank because it doesn't have CIRRUS.

Tried to withdraw from another bank but couldn't also. So i panicked after I called Fon to come out shopping.

Went to Lai-lai-saap to look for the 9-baht stall Franza told me about, but couldn't find it. Found the Bangkok Bank where I only managed to withdraw 2500 baht =(

Topped up my sim card with 400baht, at just 300 baht. Looks like the official DTAC service provider so can trust ba. hehe... also bought some sushi for lunch.

Then Fon had to go back to office, so i walked by myself. Bought a Potato CD. =D but owww i didn't bring the latest album which my sister got for me, neither do i have the songs in my laptop and mp3.

Tried my luck at another Bangkok Bank atm and managed to withdraw the full amount I wanted! =D

Took BTS to Siam and walked to Central World to watch Bangkok Dangerous (Nicholas Cage) =D Cool effects but story's quite bad. The Thai guy is handsome though. =P

Went back to Sala Daeng, where I walked to Sathorn Road and took the sawng taew, this time I took it from the church side, to see where else it goes in the loop. Dropped off at Tops @ Nanglinchee Road and shopped for groceries. Veggies (chinese chye sim) and mushrooms for dinner! =D I miss Chinese veggies... Doesn't have as strong tastes as Thai veggies.

Fell sick.

The longer I stay here, the more I miss Hong Kong actually. I wonder how it's like to stay there for... a month?

No comments: