Header

Monday, July 02, 2007

:: in the valley ::

updates:

14 June - had a quiet birthday. had lunch with Ashley and her colleagues at Malaysian railway food court, partly because i don't want to have lunch with my colleague. not on my special day. heh. after work took a slow walk to clarke quay, because i only had to reach church at 8pm. had catered dinner with Graham Kendrick and his team. didn't recognise GK though. after that i went for ice cream with Esther and Elena at Mac's. not a bad day la.

15/6 - realise that God had blessed my birthday a lot, because it was cloudy and overcast today, but was a great sunny day yesterday. after work went to church for GK concert. dunno y i can't rem where the concert is held. i went to DCB but found the doors locked. then i realise i shld be at SAJC cultural centre instead. supposed to help Shirley out with projection, but some guy called David bao ka liao. hee. my dad was there to help out as usher, so i went back with him.

16/6 - went to World Vision with Jac. She and Amos had planned to help me start to sponsor a child from there. unfortunately the staff were all out for 30-hour Famine camp at Republic Poly, except for one part-time staff. i left my contact details with him and left for Vivocity. supposed to be my birthday celebration with cell grp la. treated those present for lunch at Carl's Jr. shared word for cell grp. was quite clueless abt what to share up till Wed / thur. then i felt tt i shld share something i had made notes on before. so i shared on Daniel. Chris sat in. anyway thank God for moving because my preparation for word was just so-so, but some of them saw it as a wake up call. went to SAJC CC for GK concert. was a little disappointed that they did some same songs as last night. i wanted to buy the trumpet player Raul's cd, but didn't because of the cd cover design. in the end i bought Andy & Gabriel Alonso cd, partly because of the cd cover. it was a pic of them looking lovingly at each other =P

17/6 - again i can't rem where the service was held, SAJC CC or DCB? had a debate with my mom, until she won. she called almost everyone in her cell grp to make sure she's correct. >.< it was supposed to be Father's Day but we didn't have any celebration or indication during service leh. had Worship07 prac, then had dinner with my parents at Hougang Mall. sooo drained. my dad kept nagging at me for not chipping in to pay for the dinner. c'mon, i thought i get a free dinner because it was my birthday?

18/6 - supposed to have a Psychoianz outing to Timbre's, but the lazy organiser didn't contact everyone early enough. Too many pple couldn't make it, so i postponed it to Wed.

19/6 - went to Vivocity to alter my S&K jeans. went to Giant Naturally Marketplace to look for cheap sushi as recommended by Jac. so happy! bought a set and was on my way to the MRT station when i met Natalie. she also wanted to buy sushi so we went back to Giant. then we decided to enjoy our sushi at the waterfront.

20/6 - had quite a great night out with a few Psychoianz. haha. only weiting, weili, shuying, peichun, siangyuan and jianping in the end. gee i thought my kor die-die would come, but he was stuck in the hospital, doing some checkups i think. we celebrated my birthday. hehe had a cake and a Topshop giftcard! gee i NEVER bought anything in Topshop before, and NEVER thought of buying anything from there. the price is ridiculously set la. hmm... wonder how i can use it. didn't really concentrate on the live band, but more on catching up with each other. we tried to come up with our class list according to our register numbers.... haha.. reminisce.. and we exchanged our contact numbers and msn because most of us have lost contact already. surprisingly i realise i still have most of their number.

21/6 - (check out my entry in my other blog) supposed to visit Cailing today, but she just had her operation, and is in ICU, so visitation was not allowed. went to buy a gift for her from Vivocity after collecting my altered jeans.

22/6 - supposed to meet up with "Single's club" today, but because i wanted to visit Cailing first and lotsa other complications we decided to postponed our meeting.

23/6 - finally get to join my cell grp for dinner. went to Bukit Timah food centre for western food.

24/6 - jeremy's back from his mission trip. he even brought some coconut pie for us. very nice indeed! made from coconut flesh, not the grated kind. dunno y i dun eat grated coconut, but only coconut flesh. Worship07 prac and then dinner with my parents. i shldn't have called them. shld just go home and slp instead. haha.

25/6 - went to meet up with my sec sch pals after work. another birthday celebration hehe. had jap food =D had craving for jap food since last time i had cheap sushi at Vivocity. =D they are so nice, bought me a website for a yr because it was in my wishlist! Kwek even printed a certificate of owning the website.. hehehe.. my website is at www.djgemz.com but it's not updated, so i'm using my last yr's content. shucks no time to redesign it. they even sent me all the way home though all of them live in the west! i'm really really grateful.

29/6 - went for Nic's bbq cum birthday party after work. met jinwen at kovan.. i was trying to find a POSB atm but the nearest one is so far away!! i wonder y Heartland mall nv install POSB/DBS atm sia. finally Single's club got to meet up together.. yay.. but i couldn't stay long. was going to Zouk for my kor's dj competition. must show my support la. my first time clubbing this yr. heh. weiting was surprised tt i wanted to come at first. anyway, the competition starts at 10pm but i was almost late for it, because 2 pple snatched cabs from me. =( anyway i went in with weiting and her friend Leo. saw jianping, yong teng, daniel, shuping, lizi and even siong chew who is amazingly skinny now. shuping left soon after kor's session cuz she felt quite drunk. she had been there since 7pm due to a company function at Velvet. was quite disappointed to realise that the smoking ban was not in effect yet. there was freeflow of Paulander beer (bottles). i had a bottle and after tt dunno y immediately felt like puking. i didn't anyway. we went to Phuture together n the guys protected us. so nice.. =) went back at 12am for the announcement of the result. argh kor got 4th. the one i didn't like most got 3rd!! how can!? he got quite expensive prizes though. some of us went to the coffeeshop nearby for roti prata and teh tarik. now i feel yong teng is ...nicer. haha. last time i didn't really like him actually. the 4 guys were from the same pri sch.. so cool that they r still so close now. took cab home but wasted $3 on a tunnel jam. sian.

30/6 - my mom kept asking how come i return home so late but i nv say anything. ha.

cell evangelistic event! was at first v disappointed tt weiting couldn't make it last minute. i smsed Jac to tell her the final number of friends coming and she encouraged me that at least there r 2. had pre-cell lunch and jeremy continued sharing abt his trip. we had prayer in #02-15 and then judy and carl arrived. played First Hands and Settlers of Catan for 2 rounds. didn't get to meet aloy's friend but some of my cell grp pple got to meet my friends. had worship prac so i couldn't join them for dinner. had hoped that they would join my cell grp for dinner though i wouldn't be there. really glad to see them still with them when some of us joined them afterwards. weiting came while i had worship prac. she joined me as i did projection. and then we all went to find my cell grp together at Swirl. though i dunno what's wrong with my emotions but it was certainly a day worth celebrating, my best friends get to meet my cell grp.

dallas had shared abt the parable of the tenants and how we can see ourselves as the tenants. felt really convicted and asked isabella to pray for me.

managed to catch the last train home. had to run for it.

1/7 - received a sms from weiting saying tt she was glad to meet my cell grp. =) isabella wrote me a card to encourage me. so sweet of her! was a littled screwed up in the projection for Holy Communion. =x rev john loong's msg convicted me too, but dunno y i didn't feel tt ready to respond. wanted to skip lunch and take a nap. was so tired after lack of regular sleep over the past few days. kelvin asked elizabeth to help me to do the files for Worship07. it was a good time of catching up la. i realise i wouldn't really fall asleep during the time actually. i'm tired but can't fall asleep, do u know how tt feels? i could only stone at times.

during prayer i told God that i felt broken. and the next moment kelvin led the song "a broken spirit...and a contrite heart... You will not despise..." i started to break down. there r some issues i need to deal with again.

most of the time during prac i was stoning la. felt like i could just breathe my last anytime. i had to miss sab's birthday party because i know i cannot dong until then. started to have a craving for pizza. but sadly i didn't get to satisfy it. my dad brought me to hougang, expecting me to order western food. i ordered fried bee hoon instead. he asked me why, but i didn't answer him.

2/7 - Happy Anniversary indeed. finally my boss remembered that i have been working for him for 1 year already. =D

No comments: