Header

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

:: Post-camp life updates ::

Ok! Post-camp life updates...

Started work in church officially on 10th June.. still a bit unsure of my position there. Reported at 10am, settled the admin and logistics stuff. Then at lunch time i sms-ed Theodore and Vincent, and they came to find me... the other mentors were away in Cambodia. They treated me to the beef noodles at Jackson there (welcome meal =D).. mmmm not bad~

Got down to work till 6pm... that became my routine for the next few days. Sometimes lunch with even the SFC students who were here to study during their holiday.

There was one day I had lunch with Shirley, Jayne, and a SAJC student called Rachel. I was planning to go to the atm before heading back to church before it started pouring... like mad. I prayed that God will send a handsome man to bring me an umbrella :P you know what happened? An Indian construction worker offered me his umbrella!! i had to laugh. God has a sense of humour la.

EIC... was good. 14th June. =) we had prac on 12th June, Jac's birthday.. Diana bought her a cake.. And they bought me the same cake i think. chocolatey one. I brought my friend down for EIC, think he enjoyed it. I felt so lost, like, is it my turn? oops... i guess it's cuz of the lack of practices.

15 June Sun
Judy has a shoot in punggol.. woke up super early to bring her around, see the "attractions" of this estate. Then i went to church for service. My parents were away in Tj Balai la. I would have gone if not for EIC! haha.. After service i went back straight to help Judy again. Had lunch at the food court in Punggol Plaza, producer's treat. =D

16 June Mon
Mondays are off days! hehe.. went for breakfast with my dad.. Went to Eastpoint, gosh how many decades was it since I last stepped into Eastpoint! Then we went to Changi Village for coconut :) Dad wanted to dapao Nasi Lemak for dinner but it was only 2pm! By dinnertime it wouldn't be nice lor.

17 June Tue
Wanted to watch The Incredible Hulk or The Happening, but was disappointed with the movie reviews as i was checking the timings. Ended up going to Kinokuniya to find something to use up my voucher which i got from my last birthday (oops!) It took me 15 minutes before store closing before I finally found something worth buying. I was trying to choose between "To Asia With Love" and "Three Cups of Tea". The former is a travel guide for Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam. There wasn't an opened copy so i kinda bought it by faith. haha.. Three Cups of Tea is quite like a missionary story? About this guy who went mountain climbing and got lost. He ended up in a village where the people offered him shelter, food, and warm tea. After staying there for some time he decided to do something for them after he returns home, and he really came back and built a school for the children. Hmm.. I'll either borrow it from the library or get it one day. :)

19 June Thu
Got to prepare a presentation for the IT team.. a bit stressed. Rev Tang haven't got back to me about my trip details :S

Presentation.... i was quite disappointed in my presentation skills la. Haiz. just got the message across =x
Today just realised Sing Chyun is also a NorthEasterner.

20 June Fri
Booked air tickets to Phuket. Haven't told my parents hehe..

Met up with Swee Yi and Cheryl after work. Organiser late sia. haiyo.. but she got us Chicken Essence for our birthday presents.. haha.. jialat.. we must be getting old. Had dinner at Cafe Cartel. Very disappointed with the service la.

21 June Sat
Combined worship with Elpizo... they had only 3 pple. hmm.
Invited my friend again to play soccer with Elohim-ElShaddai, then we had dinner at Lao Zhong Zhong.

22 June Sun
There was a green platform in front of the stage, as an extension or what i dunno.. but as Jayne says, it's quite an eyesore :P

Got a Brien Doerkson CD from Kelvin and Hillsong United I Heart.. album from Jac :) It's good... cuz most of them are familiar songs. =)

Went to Marina Sq for lunch and then i went walking around to kill time. Even walked to Suntec. Buried myself in Harris Bookshop.. I can spend long hours in bookshops one :P but after that I will be very seh. haha.. Got lots of nice books i would like to borrow from library if they have.

Then around 5pm i took bus to Bishan. Going to Job's house. He's gonna cook Thai cuisine for me! An hour later his friends arrived. Woah that night i got to know a lot of Thais. Like a simulation of what's gonna happen in 1+ month's time. haha.. I regret not talking to them more. And regret commenting on the food too fast. Never give face sia.. :X I'm glad Job still talks to me after that :P

23 June Mon
Went to John's house to exchange skills. I would teach him flash and he teach me play the bass. I lugged my bass and amp all the way to Bukit Batok.. tired sia, wish i had taken cab instead haha..

It was a fruitful lesson.. John's a good teacher. =) I will practise hard. Gambatei!!

24 June Tue
Felt happy when the mentors remembered me at lunch. =) Went over to SAJC canteen and joined them. After that back in the office i thought I heard Amos' voice when i was in the office, so i popped outside to take a look.. and saw him and Jeremy. Then at around 5pm i thought i heard Kelvin's voice, so i popped outside again, but saw Uncle Aru. Then I found Kelvin at the pastoral office. haa.. Good to see familiar faces. :P

Went to watch The Incredible Hulk with Vincent and Theodore.. yeah it was good. quite scary haa.. I don't really remember much of the first Hulk movie.. just remembered I watched it with my family in Genting, very cheap! =) After movie i was famished. Had jap dinner.. yumm.. and tauhuay dessert :)

No comments: