Header

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

:: reminisce ::

That day i went John's house for bass lesson, i went back to the coffeeshop near my high school to look for my FAVOURITE char kuay tiao and teh bing for lunch.. =) i ordered the char kuay tiao without chili and beansprouts from an uncle, but the one serving me was an aunty, and she looked quite familiar, so i asked her, "has this stall been around for a long time?" (in mandarin) Then she replied, "ya, about 20 yrs already." And I excitedly told her that i was from the high school near by, and she said she recalled a bunch of girls sitting at the same table, and that i was the one who always order without chili and beansprouts! I was so happy.. I could tell that she was touched that i came back all the way to eat her char kuay tiao. =) =) =)

There was an uncle standing near the drinks counter, and i thought he looked familiar too. i watched him collect plates from tables, but didn't see him asking for orders leh. it was a china woman who asked me for my order (teh bing!!) instead. Then as he walked near me to collect plates, i signaled him to come to my table, but he thought i wanted to order, he waved his hand and told me to order from the china woman instead. but i insisted he come over, and we started to chat, and he remembers me (he said he remembers there were 3 of us) too!!! he was that uncle who used to ask us for orders for drinks! Said he changed job couple of times and he's finally back, so i'm sooo glad i caught him at the right time! Anyway, I went back once recently after work, but then i realise it opens only during the day.

Before i left, the uncle cheekily told me, "有空不要来 hor" (literally translated: when you're free, don't come hor)... that was what he always used to say!!! It was such a heartwarming meal =)

No comments: