Header

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

:: Fervency ::

Last night I was pondering on children's ministry in general. I'm not sure is it deception or not, but I think it's a useless ministry.

I myself grew up in a Christian environment, and I feel that I don't have a conversion story that I could share with pre-Christians, that they can relate to. Converted Christians have a before-and-after testimony which is more convincing and real to other pre-believers.

I was having dinner with Franza and Maple, both of them are converted Christians. So we asked each other about our testimony. There's just this gap between us (them and I), as we were brought up in a different way. I can never understand how it felt to bow down before idols. They say you can sense the difference, the peace, the first time you hear about Jesus, such that you want to come back again. Of course there are also people who have heard of Jesus and felt nothing. But those who did, those whose lives have been changed ever since, boy, they make such powerful witnesses.

And I think that the young people who were brought up like me, we are just too... stuck up? We think we know the word of God already, having Bible verses drilled in at Sunday School, but we grow up with less interest and fervency in truly understanding the Word of God. But people who hear about the Bible for the first time (at the age they start to think and question things), how they hunger and thirst for more!

Perhaps I'm being too critical, but I feel that I need more fervency and I question myself why there's such a lack.

No comments: