Header

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

:: Sabbatical ::

Hmm it didn't occur to me that I'm taking a Sabbatical. It just dawned on me last night. =) Years ago Esther lent me a book on Sabbath, says something like, Sabbath is of course about God, but also, taking time to do what you've always wanted to do, not rushing to get something accomplished... eg. spending time with family, pick up a hobby

from dictionary.com:
Sab⋅bat⋅i⋅cal   /səˈbætɪkəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [suh-bat-i-kuhl] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. of or pertaining or appropriate to the Sabbath.
2. (lowercase) of or pertaining to a sabbatical year.
3. (lowercase) bringing a period of rest.
–noun 4. (lowercase) sabbatical year.
5. (lowercase) any extended period of leave from one's customary work, esp. for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.

Been meeting up with friends, and yesterday I went fishing!! With my brothers.. hoho.. Praise God for the wonderful weather!! Didn't rain, but was cloudy so it wasn't hot at all. Although we didn't catch any fish, we learnt many stuff. For them, it was their first time assembling a fishing rod, and casting the line. Jimmy thought he had never been there, but he learnt that the familiar place is called Labrador Park. For me, I've learnt that the bus from Harbourfront to Labrador Park only operates on weekends. We learnt that...

1. It is the experience that counts. It didn't matter we didn't catch any fish.
2. Labrador Park is not a good place to fish. We shall go elsewhere next time.
3. You must look at things at different perspectives, at some angles the water look very clean, but when you reach the beach it's different.
4. And time will tell. At certain times when the tide is high you cannot see how dirty the beach is, but when the tide is low you realise.

hahaha can tell that we had a good time there la. =)

I really dunno what's next. Keeping options open, and picking up design jobs to feed myself.

No comments: