Header

Thursday, February 21, 2008

:: my first driving lesson ::

my first driving lesson was supposed to be on Monday, but it was postponed to Tue due to some last min arrangement. I took half day leave on Mon already and I decided not to change it. So, I decided to go swimming. My dad didn't have work that day, so we had lunch together, had the famous crayfish hor fun - i dun find it that awesome anymore.

Then he gave me a lift to Comfort Driving Centre at Ubi (i dun like that place, so inaccessible!) to apply for PDL. I think that day i took my BTT the PDL application counter wasn't open, so I had to make an extra trip anyway. I just had to apply before my first practical lesson. I queued for 3 ****** hours. if i had known it would take so long to reach my queue number i would have gone Safra Yishun to swim first and then come back for my turn! k la i wasn't that impatient at the time, although i did wish i could do that.

So happy when I received my PDL. =) went to Safra Yishun for my swim, it was less than an hour, cuz my dad received last minute notice to go work. took bus home with my arm muscles aching.. think i exerted too much force when swimming and pulled them. i was sitting in the jaccuzi pool at first, then i decided not to disappoint myself by spending my half day leave just like that. So i went to "swim" (i dun really know the correct techniques to swim, neither do i know how to keep afloat except by staying in the 1.2m pool). heehee.. i will definitely die in the open sea.

On tue i went for my first driving lesson after work.. wasn't that excited / anxious that day, quite calm about it. but actually now i realise i was so gan chiong i didn't even ask for my instructor's name! lol. i didn't know what to expect on my first lesson la.. nv do research... then as the instructor pointed out parts of the car and asked me like, what's the odometer, technometer for, etc, I said "dunno". haiyo. he drove me to a secluded area of Sengkang (near Ruth & Clifton's place) and for a moment i wondered if i could trust him. lol.

halfway thru the lesson i took over the driver's seat and oh my, i drove!! haha i still can't believe he actually let a road hazard drive on the road. i did countless rounds around a field. i think everyone reading this must be thinking u want to knock my head, of course i'm driving in a driving lesson. but i think i wasn't thinking that day. after a few rounds i stalled the engine, i got confused with the pedals and freaked out everytime i see a vehicle behind me. boy was i glad when it was time to end the lesson. After the lesson i was simply in a daze. Driving requires concentration and coordination. I wondered whether I heard and answered all the questions my instructor asked me while i was driving. lol

No comments: