Header

Thursday, February 14, 2008

:: touching stories ::

Two touching stories I read on someone else's blog:

Moses Mendelssohn, the grandfather of the well-known German composer, was far from being handsome. Along with a rather short stature, he had a grotesque hunchback.

One day he visited a merchant in Hamburg who has a lovely daughter named Frumtje. Moses fell hopelessly in love with her. But Frumtje was repulsed by his misshapen appearance. When it came time for him to leave, Moses gathered his courage and climbed the stairs to her room to take one last opportunity to speak with her. She was a vision of heavenly beauty, but caused him deep sadness by her refusal to look at him. After several attempts at conversation, Moses shyly asked, "Do you believe marriages are made in heaven?"

"Yes," She answered, still looking at the floor. "And do you?"

"Yes I do," he replied. "You see, in heaven at the birth of each boy, the Lord announces which girl he will marry. When I was born, my future bride was pointed out to me.

Then the Lord added, 'But your wife will be humpbacked. ... [more]



And another touching story...

"Can you please stop coming to my school again; each time you come, I hate it; I become ashamed of myself to have you as my dad". "But why, son" asked the Dad. "Among all my friend I am the only one with a Dad that is not a graduate". He went on to say "You are the only one who never comes in a car to take me home after school", "You" he continued "...are the only Dad that no one amongst my friends ever pray to have". "You are not rich; you are not a graduate; you are divorced; you are without humour". All the while, the father in disgrace, couldnt utter a word to his dearest little boy but wondered in his heart if the boy ever knew how much He loves him.

One faithful day, the young boy had a dream and saw himself walking in a thick forest with his Dad and they were having a good talk. In the dream again, this time, the talk seem to be ... [more]

No comments: