Header

Friday, March 28, 2008

:: Good Friday, Easter and stuff.. ::

Haiya, Faith hasn't sent me pictures of the food we cooked.. hehe but anyway. Went to church last Thurs with my dad, it was Maundy Thursday. I think my mom called it Moody Thursday. LOL. I think i was dazed out after the time of worship - i almost don't know ALL the songs. felt weird. Rev John Sim led us through an "experience" with our 5 senses with objects that help us ..umm, understand more abt dunno what la.

1. Cotton puff soaked in nard, the perfume Mary used to wipe Jesus' feet
2. Ash, to remind us how dirty our sins are. (and water to wash our fingers after we touched the ash)
3. Peppermint - at least that's what I think it is. It's a herb meant to cure insomnia, bad breath.. but anyway the purpose is to let us taste the bitterness and yet goodness of the herb.
4. Love letter to write to our Lord - I went to play with Noah at this point.. hee
5. Wafer and wine for Holy Communion

Did I miss anything out?


Good Friday

Had to wake up early.. ooh.. packed my bag to go Faith's house for stayover but I hadn't told my mom yet, haven't really seen her. haa..

Was doing projection with Liesbet. Hope the slides background pictures weren't too cheesy.

After that went for lunch with cell grp at Popeye's @ The Singapore Flyer!! wooo... first time around that area. Looks like a zoo. Popeye's big man. Felt as if I was at the Expo. >.<

Then played with Servio, chatted with Zane, etc.. Pastor also knows I plan to go on a mission trip already.. haha.. after a while I walked to Marina Sq to look for Faith and her cell pple.

Had dessert at.. MOF. Gabriel said MOF stands for Ministry of Food, I didn't believe him!! lol. It's Japanese ma, thought MOF would be some cool Jap name. But it's true. ha.

Chatted for a while then Faith and I left to head for her place. Kinda lazy to go downstairs to buy ingredients to cook, so we cooked instant noodles with whatever we could find in her fridge. It's well-stocked okay.

Sat

woke up late.. haa.. actually i sorta woke up already but just lazy to get up. Kinda felt Faith's dog touching me. I'm not one who likes to fuss with dogs. I'm a cat lover. Guess that means I don't like to give a pet too much attention.

Soon it started pouring heavily. And it was time for lunch. we decided to cook macaroni with cheese, but i needed milk, so i went downstairs to buy. the end product was YUMMYYYY!!! so inspired by how easy it is to prepare and cook. =)

Played Sims 2 as Faith recommended me to play, she was guiding me along to create new Sims. haha I shan't tell u the names of the couple I created. =P

Didn't do much for that day, and then it was time to prepare dinner. We went to buy ingredients and cooked beancurd, long beans omelette, and i fried misc stuff like crab sticks, cuttlefish ball, and pork nugget. keke..

didn't want to watch tv, so i went to play Sims 2 again!! aiyo.. played till 10+pm! went to sleep cuz we gotta wake up early the next day for Easter Sunday service.

Easter Sunday

almost couldn't wake up. hehe.. hurriedly packed up and we left the house. Got to Boon Lay bus interchange and met Andrielle, then we took train to Clementi, hoping to catch the shuttle bus, but we missed it!!! owww.. we were discussing holiday plans on the train. hehe.

Met Jingying, Theodore and Jane at Clementi bus stop. They were also hoping to catch the shuttle bus, but after Jane called the office she told us it had left already. Sigh, so we shared cabs to get to church. Reached on time. =)

I miss services at Loke Cheng Kim hall. =(

after service we had a time of breakfast.. so-so nia la. haa.. my mom didn't look after the cup of tea i had halfway.. =(

And then the games started. Went to watch Captain's ball, since my cell girls are playing. M'kk actually named the team MKK Plus El! Jac was so touched she had to play hahahaha..

It was time to serve food for lunch.. dunno y it's so tiring. i remember working as a "cleaner" before at a fast food restaurant at the Night Safari and after a few hours my co-workers told me my face was very red, and i just felt super drained. i am so lousy.

wanted to join my cell to eat together, but after i got my food i lost them. sian. so i joined MKK and then left with my dad.

went home to sleep. then went out for dinner with my parents and shopped for groceries for cooking. =P


Mon
Supposed to start Thai lessons but it was postponed to a week later. So i went home to cook - Macaroni with cheese! hehe.. mommy gave me 70 marks. =)

Tue
went to Bishan to watch The Leap Years with Swee Yi. Hmm.. i think it's okay la, not as bad as many pple say. Never believe reviews. :) But Swee Yi commented after the show that because the story is based on a book, it's strong, but screenplay is weak. I went home and thought about it and found it true. You understand the story through dialogues, not really by things happening around that give hints. I love My Girl (Thai movie). Lotsa thought put into it.

Anyway, after the movie, we went to a coffeeshop nearby so I could finish up my dinner. Chatted for quite a while and then we went home. =)

Wed
went home to cook Macaroni with Cheese again, trying to improve it as well as just to fill my tummy. Didn't eat lunch cuz i had heavy breakfast..

Thur
Went to meet Persis at Dhoby Ghaut, wanted to take bus to Marine Parade, but she decided to take cab down. whoa.. peak hours, very chor leh. Bought a bouquet of flowers - with 1 stalk of sunflower. =) so secretive sia.. haven't got to what i was going to do.

Reached the Church of Singapore on time. Joseph and Hiong Yee just reached too. Then we went up to the Chapel.. wanted to find seats, but we saw Phei Phei, so i presented her flowers. It was her graduation ceremony from Tung Ling! =)

I was impressed by the worship team and stage setup.. The pple look like they're in their 20's.. Hmmm.... the drums was "cut off" by glass panels.. which i find sounds weird because the sound comes from the speakers rather than from the stage itself. Don't really know the songs except 1 or 2 by Chris Tomlin. =)

Rev Dr Isaac Lim preached.. 3 points as "a good Methodist" (he said so himself!) haa. From Matthew 24.

1. God is great - very simple. Don't expect the ordinary, but the extraordinary! Jesus died, that is ordinary, ...but also He rose again! now that's extraordinary.
2. God is there. Jesus assured the two Marys that He would go ahead of the disciples to Galilee. Remember that in our ministries there may be ups and downs, but God is there ahead of us.
3. God has a mission. What else do you think Jesus died for? Rev Isaac noted that all 4 Gospels end with the commission - probably worded subtly, but they all state God's mission.

Really felt that the graduation ceremony was very heartwarming, that the students really bond together very well as they cheered for each other..

After the ceremony Persis and I went downstairs for the light refreshment.. hmm yummy efu noodles! Then Phei Phei introduced her good friend, Margaret, from Myanmar to us. Persis would be bringing her to Praise service on Sat. =)

Then Phei Phei and Margaret accompanied me to the bus stop. I feel so drawn to the Katong area..... Felt nostalgic. I want to come back often =)

PP asked whether I am interested to go for the course in Tung Ling during my few months of break... I'd probably first heard of Tung Ling from Chris, Shirley and then Vincent, like 2-3 years ago? before that I have never heard of it, moreover thought abt going. Hmmmmm....~ this experience today is probably God's way of showing an opening??

No comments: