Header

Monday, July 07, 2008

:: Boy Meets Girl ::

just finished reading this book a few days ago.. read it within a few days also, it's a very easy read. Started to think abt BGR again hahaha..

i'm very impressed with the calling God has for Joshua Harris to write the first book, I Kissed Dating Goodbye. I haven't read this book, but i'm sure it was used by God to touch many lives who wanted to submit their love lives to God. Many readers poured in mails and emails to Joshua Harris, with questions because he must have made statements that challenged their perspectives.

In Boy Meets Girl, my personal perspectives were challenged too. Many statements Joshua made jumped out at me, and I really agree. Jac has used the book to share a series of cell word before, so those statements are not new ideas. They are reminders.

For example, it doesn't matter u use the term "dating" or "courting", it's the attitude that matters. Is God in the centre of the relationship? Whenever there's a conflict, how do u both resolve it? The world advocates fornication, aka premarital sex, but the book presents reasons why God is so strongly against it, one of the many reasons is that premarital sex is a selfish act, the initiator is just out to gratify desires instantly without sparing a thought for the other person. Even if both parties are in consent, this act has caused postmarital sex no longer eagerly awaited for, and this postmarital sex is the wonderful present God has created for each man and woman who walks closely with Him. For those who have made the mistake of opening the present ahead of time, God's salvation plan is Jesus, who died for all sins, including sexual sins. Praise God. I hope I don't sound like i'm condemning my readers, because this blogger (and even the author) is not that pure either. Let's not kid ourselves. Anyway if u think through this point and read the book for urself for the supporting reasons, I hope u will find urself agreeing.

Another statement that corrects my perspective is that, when a couple breaks up, it doesn't mean that the relationship has failed, but that through getting to know each other better, they get to know more about themselves and become more sure of the type of girl or guy more suitable for themselves. It is important that during the course of the relationship the couple do not overpromise each other than what they can commit to, and that they respect each other by not getting physical, so that they dun give too much to someone whom they're not so sure is The One.

Another point that jumped out to me is that I shouldn't assume a guy is romantically interested in me just because he is being gracious and kind and friendly, until he makes himself clear. I'm someone who fantasizes a lot, and very easily get the wrong idea. I've gotta remind myself again and again that the guy is just being a very nice brother. Come to think of it, if a guy that i'm just being friendly with, gets the wrong idea, i can get quite pissed. Currently I think there are a few guy friends who seem to get the wrong idea.. God help me to clear the misunderstanding! Stop flirting with me! I've got a very high standard for Mr.Right okay! I do have someone in mind la, but I pray that only God will tell him very clearly. By the way Joshua mentioned that sometimes God doesn't whisper the name into ur ear, but it takes a person who walks closely with God to know His plan for him, whether a certain girl is suitable for him or not.

The other day i met up with my sec sch close friends to celebrate Belly and my birthdays (finally we had a full attendance after a few months!), they asked me abt the someone i had in mind.. gosh i blushed very badly man. :P

I've shared with a few girl friends already, hope they can help to keep me accountable lest i do anything stupid. From past experience, it is really tempting to flirt with a guy to find out if the feeling is mutual but it is very superficial because guys are easily led on even if he is totally not suitable. There is also a chance he may not be the one, so i really mustn't do anything stupid to jeopardise our friendship.

No comments: