Header

Saturday, July 19, 2008

:: Encouraging sermons ::

Wow.. I just listened to 2 of the recorded sermons online (click on the link!)... and felt really encouraged and inspired. I am currently listening to "Time for Everything".

I thank all those who encouraged me upon hearing news of my failure.. (and the comfort food, beer and bubble tea treats from dear friends to cheer me up!) but what really knocked me into my senses is the sermon I mentioned. Indeed what seems to be a disappointment now, it doesn't necessarily mean God is not working on the situation.

Reading the passage from Mark 4:26-29, indeed the farmer does not understand how the seed he planted is able to grow, and even if he doesn't see it when it was sprouting beneath the soil, something was happening even before it springs out of the earth.

I guess that also applies to relationships, like what i mentioned in one of my recent previous entries, when a couple breaks up it doesn't mean it was a failed relationship. A lesson can still be drawn from it, the couple learn things about each other, and that's what makes it a successful relationship.

And for now even if i'm not seeing progress in my relationship (or friendship) with Mr Right, it doesn't mean things are not working out between us. It's just that the stalk hasn't sprung out of the soil.

No comments: