Header

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

:: Praise God ::

Praise God for good (no, it was fantastic!) weather while I was in Phuket that my sister and I could have fun frolicking in the sun.

Thank God for protecting me when I got into a bike accident on Monday. I thought I heard my arm break. :S I had my bike repaired, then I asked my dad whether I could venture far. I almost wanted to go East Coast Park haa.. but i was thirsty and didn't have my water bottle with me. So i decided to go just somewhere near like Punggol Park, which is in Hougang. Thank God there was water cooler by the toilets. Praise God that NEA thought of putting water coolers in even small parks like that. haha..

Anyway ya, on the way back I just passed by a bus stop which had shelter to the overhead bridge. I was trying to cycle through 2 "pillars" of the shelter when i decided that i might not be able to pass through. It wasn't exactly very narrow, but i suddenly panicked. I thought my knee might hit the pillar on my right. So my right arm grabbed that pillar and let go. I probably fell in a slow-motion but my mind was in a blank, i just thought i was going to break my arm when i stretched it out to support my body. That area in Sengkang is quite secluded so there was no one around to help me. I rested at the bus stop for a while before deciding that I could continue. So thirsty, i just want to go home.

Had quite a few bruises on my shins and my whole body ached with overstretched muscles. My arm? Didn't break, still ok, can drive. =)

Yeah finally had my first bike accident. People say u won't learn until u fall. Haa.. I'm usually the kind who would rather go slow so i can brake in time in case i panic, but looks like i've got to a new level of boldness! haha..

No comments: