Header

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

:: of holidays and rest ::

Mom almost booked me on a holiday to Genting... Well, I would like to go, but it fell over the National Day holiday & weekend. Uncle Peter told me the church will want to pray for me that weekend, because that's the LAST weekend before I fly off.

And besides... i feel guilty going overseas so often *blush* Just went to Bintan, Bangkok, Port Dickson, Phuket over the past 3 months... *sheepish grin*

There was a period in Facebook many people put under their status, "i want to go for a holiday / i need a holiday / very stressed at work" etc. so.... they're gonna stone me if they know how "free" i am. well, the truth in life is, their burdens are self-imposed. Yes it's true u gotta work hard for a living, to support urself and ur family, but how hard do u want to work? So hard till u sacrifice the time u could have spent with ur loved ones? That's something i frown upon. God created life as something to be enjoyed, not spent (literally, spent).

Charles Spurgeon said, "As long as we have any burden resting on our shoulders, we cannot enjoy perfect rest; and as long as there is any burden on our conscience or heart, we cannot have rest of soul. How are we to be freed from these burdens? Only by yielding ourselves wholly to the Great Burden-Bearer, who says, 'Come unto Me, and, I will give you rest.' "

If you understand God's perspective and original purpose for our life, then you will understand this "rest" He is talking about.

Think about it and let me know ur thoughts.

No comments: